Our weighted blanket provides an all-natural therapeutic effect for those suffering from insomnia, anxiety, stress or chronic pain. The weight of the blanket increases the levels of serotonin and melatonin in the body, helping to relax the nervous system quickly and promoting restful sleep. Weighted blankets are garnering more and more attention from healthcare professionals and many studies have documented their benefits, from relieving symptoms of autism spectrum disorder or anxiety, to helping people get better sleep.
- Our weighted blanket includes a premium, super soft, machine washable protective cover.
- A system of zippers allows the cover to fit snuggly with the weighted blanket, without shifting or bunching.
- Filled with ecological glass microbeads that perfectly regulate according to the temperature of the body, ensuring a comfortable temperature both during winter or summer.
- 4x4-inch partitions ensure a uniform bead distribution and provide pressure on the entire body. This prevents the beads from ending up at the sides or in the corners.
- Its nude or gray color makes it suitable for any type of decor.
- Available in 3 sizes: SMALL (48x72"), MEDIUM (60x80") and LARGE (80x80''). Designed to weigh approximately 10% of the user's body weight.
- Free shipping for orders over $50 in US & Canada.
Why are Be Humance weighted blankets the BEST on the market?
Weighted blankets vary in their quality and price points. Here is why our team is convinced that you’d be buying the BEST weighted blanket on the market:
- The fastening system: While many other brands offer an inefficient fabric fastening system, our zipper system is optimal. Our weighted blanket is fastened snuggly and completely in its protective cover with zippers, allowing you to remove and replace the cover without fussing, in just a few seconds.
- Filling: Weighted blankets by other brands tend to be filled with a mix of plastic and glass microbeads. Low-cost plastic gives a false sense of weight and does not allow the fabric to breathe. This makes the blanket uncomfortably hot in the summer. Our soothing Be Humance weighted blankets are filled entirely (100%) with ecological glass microbeads. Our blankets breathe, have an optimal weight distribution and regulate perfectly to the temperature of the user’s body, both in summer and winter.
- Segmentation: The glass beads are segmented into square partitions. Most other brands will make their blankets with 6x6-inch partitions, but this is not optimal, as the microbeads end up in the corners and the weight distribution will not be uniform. We had our weighted blankets custom made with 4x4-inch partitions because this ensures a better distribution of the glass beads and provides pressure points over the entire body.
- The cover: We have a high-quality cover that can easily be machine-washed and tumble-dried (gentle cycle). Many other brands use low-cost materials that require handwashing, which can be awkward and time-consuming.
Our blankets have been designed and optimized to offer an excellent therapeutic tool to our clients, both for sleep and anxiety management. Not to mention that you are supporting a business committed to creating high-quality and eco-friendly products.
What weight and size should I choose?
It is generally recommended for the weighted blanket to be equivalent to about 10% of the user's body weight. On the other hand, individual preferences and body tolerance vary.
Our SMALL size (48x72") is ideal for one person. Plus, since it's smaller, it's easier to move it from the bed to the couch or even travel with it.
The MEDIUM size (60x80") is better suited for men or for people who wish to cover a larger area of the bed (e.g. those who toss and turn a lot at night).
Our LARGE (80x80''), only available in 25lb was created to cover an extra large bed or for two-person use. We specifically opted for the 25lb weight to strike a balance between the average weight of a woman and the average weight of a man. As the LARGE is much wider than our regular weighted blankets, the beads are distributed over a larger area and offer the equivalent pressure of a 15 lb format.
Does the blanket work well for two people?
Our weighted blankets were designed for individual use, with the exception of the LARGE size. For our SMALL and MEDIUM sizes, we do not recommend two-person use, as each blanket is based on the individual user's body weight (~10%) and must be distributed evenly over that individual in order to be effective. Two-person use could decrease the effectiveness of the weighted blanket. That said, if you decide to share it, we recommend that you choose the body weight of the lighter person.
Should I use the weighted blanket as my main comforter?
It is important to understand that the weighted blanket is not designed to replace your bed comforter or duvet. It is a therapeutic tool that has been designed to fit the body. Although our weighted blankets do not cover a bed the way a standard comforter does, it is enough to lay it over or under your comforter to improve your sleep. It also has several other functions like helping you relax on the couch, improving your concentration as you read a book, helping you practice mindful breathing in yoga, etc.
What materials is it made of?
The cover of our weighted blanket is made with quality minky fabric, very soft, thick and lustrous. Minky is a fabric used for making plush toys. The weighted blanket itself is made entirely of quality cotton (100%). A zipper system allows the cover to fit over the blanket without shifting or bunching up.
Is the blanket machine washable?
YES! The protective cover is machine washable. We recommend handwashing the weighted blanket, if necessary.
Are they plastic beads or glass beads?
Only glass beads! :) All of our weighted blankets are made with quality materials. Glass beads are a non-negotiable for us! They allow good temperature regulation and produce real weight, whereas plastic beads give a false sense of weight and don’t allow the fabric to breathe. Our custom-made blankets are segmented into smaller compartments than those of other brands, which helps keep the filling in place to ensure an even weight distribution. This prevents the beads from ending up at the sides or in the corners.
Is the weighted blanket hot?
No. The weighted blanket is filled with glass microbeads that regulate according to your body temperature. You can use your weighted blanket the same way as you use a magic bag: hot or cold. In the winter, you can put it in the dryer to feel toasty warm. In the summer, store your blanket in a cool place so you can cool down during those intense heat waves.
Are there any contraindications?
If you have a medical condition, please always consult your doctor before using a weighted blanket. Your doctor will be able to make recommendations on its optimal weight/height and how long you should use it. The weighted blanket is intended for adult use: do NOT use the blanket on infants, babies and children. The weighted blanket is not recommended for individuals weighing less than 50 lbs or for use during pregnancy. Please do not use a weighted blanket on a person who is unable to move around independently without assistance.
We accept returns or exchanges within 30 days after you have received your order. While we're sure you'll love your weighted blanket, if for any reason you're not satisfied with the product, we'll give you your money back. You will only have to cover the shipping costs to return the product to our warehouse.
**Please note that for hygienic reasons, returns /exchanges or refunds will only be granted if the weighted blanket is returned in its original condition. We will not grant refunds for products that have been damaged, soiled or washed.**
For exchanges or refunds, contact us directly at email@example.com and we will guide you through our return process.
Dust or wipe clean with a cloth dampened with water once a week. Be sure not to leave water spots on the surface. These water spots will dry and could possibly leave permanent marks.
Clean stains/spots using the following steps: Dampen a soft cloth with a mixture of hot water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Wring the cloth as much as possible to remove excess liquid. Rub the surface lightly in a circular motion. Dry the surface immediately with a clean, soft towel.
Self-Care is a radical act !
- Pema Chodron